Saturday 23 May 2015

Nail of the Day - Kiko 280



Rating: 7/10

Kiko is a budget Italian make-up brand which I first discovered in Sicily in 2010. The shade 280 is a bright, creme orange that I purchased for about €3.90, which is a bargain considering the formula, application and wear-time. I don't wear it often, but every time I do I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I like it. It's bright and happy, and the application is fairly stress free.

The formula is a cream so it is prone to streaking and it is a little opaque after 2 coats, but considering the difficulty of producing an orange nail polish, the formula is still good and fairly easy to work with. However, when I applied my Essie Good to Go topcoat weird things did start to happen (the whole polish dragged) so I wouldn't recommend applying a topcoat until the polish is completely dry. Without a topcoat, you'll get about 3 good days of wear before chips.

I'm off to Italy again this year, so no doubt I'll be returning with some more Kiko polishes to add to my collection... Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment